Susan Hoyne retiring; Guy Hamilton to be Acting Dean of Science

Susan Hoyne is retiring from Shoreline Community College.

Hoyne, who is the Dean of Science, Mathematics, Manufacturing, Engineering, Computer Science and Energy, announced her decision in an email to division faculty and staff on Friday, June 5, 2015.

“I thank you all for the extraordinary work you have done,” Hoyne wrote. “I have thoroughly enjoyed being the Dean of this Division for the past 12 years.”

Taking over as Acting Dean on June 15 will be Guy Hamilton, program chair of the Biology/Biotechnology department.

“I’m excited about the opportunity,” Hamilton said. “My role with the Strategic Planning and Budget Committee has offered some insight and I like where the college is headed. I’m looking forward to helping the college and our students be successful.”

Hoyne’s final day on campus will be no later than Friday, June 12. Hamilton will assume his new duties on Monday, June 15.

“I’ve always admired Guy’s intellect and dedication as a faculty member,” Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs Bob Francis said. “I’m looking forward to working with Guy in the dean’s role.”

Hamilton will serve through the 2015-16 academic year, during which the college will conduct an open recruitment on the regular academic cycle, according to Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs Stephen P. Smith.