Check out this week’s wave of gratitude submissions

• A wave of gratitude from Jeff Keith to Quang Le! “Deep gratitude to Quang Le for clearing the cement grooves in our loading dock (9100) so the rainwater will not build up and flood the loading dock. This is a great help for the delivery drivers as well as for those receiving the deliveries! Thank you so much, Quang!!”

• A wave of gratitude for Leah Pearce! “Leah was my supervisor – once upon a time- when I worked at the bookstore! And she was seriously a joy to work with. Always upbeat and positive, quick to answer my questions, and just a wonderful individual. She has done so much for this campus. I’ve always admired how capable and efficient she was in her position as Manager of the Bookstore and had a great experience working with her. Thank you Leah for all that you do!”

• A wave of gratitude from Rabekah Thorne to Carrie Bayless! “Carrie is absolutely rad. Every time I’ve worked in tandem with her, I’ve seen how dedicated and compassionate she is with her students. She’s an incredible success coach and we are blessed to have her. You rock Carrie!”

• A wave of gratitude from Carrie Bayless to Stacie Attridge! “A wave of gratitude to Stacie Attridge for the Intramural Yoga and Pilates classes that are truly inclusive and all-abilities. Stacie’s welcoming and well-taught classes are one of those joyful places where students and staff from all classifications come together and I am grateful for the sense of community this activity brings to our campus. Thank you to Stacie and everyone who participates in this wellness activity with me!”

• A wave of gratitude from Linda Du to admin micro-conference presenters! “This is actually a series of waves of gratitude toward everyone involved with the “micro-conference” back in December. I learned a lot of helpful things from each session! After the Report Server Subscription session, Celine helped me modify two reports with clear definitions of the new columns added. We can’t wait to start officially using them soon for communication with international students about spring enrollment!”

• A wave of gratitude from Kyle Winslow to Aaron Rico! “Aaron Rico is a calm, competent presence at Shoreline. He is a problem solver and a person who puts students first. He has noticed that students are studying after hours in classrooms and the PUB building. He gives students extra time to finish their work and then makes sure they are safe when they leave. His actions help put students first and add to a sense of belonging for many student who are far away from home. We are very lucky to have him.”

• A wave of gratitude for Derek Levy! “I cannot thank Derek enough for his compassionate, supportive, encouraging spirit. Derek is the heart and soul of Student Support Services. His unwavering support for his staff, his dedication to the success and well being of every student, and his willingness to take on more and more responsibility during these incredibly hard times the college is facing, is a testament to his commitment to our campus community and to the success of the college. He leads with integrity, honesty, and sincerity. He is a compassionate leader and mentor to many of us, he is the one many of us turn to for thoughtful, earnest insight and direction. Our college is fighting through a very dark storm. Derek is the calm many of us seek to help us navigate this challenging time. Our campus community wants a leader with integrity, reliability, and trustworthiness. My leader is Derek. Thank you for being our loyal confidant and ally. Thank you for your unwavering support during the most difficult times of my life. I am grateful, thankful, and lucky to work for you.”

If you would like to submit a wave of gratitude for your fellow colleagues please use this form.

-The Recognition Committee