Employee Connections: Featured Friday

Featured Professional Learning/Development:
Please complete this 1-Minute survey to help us improve MS Teams for employees. Thank you!

Featured Employee:

Name: Margie Pederson
Title: Program Specialist 3 – Financial Aid
Length at College: 14 years (off and on)

Something you want everyone to know about the work you do:
Working in Financial Aid is like a puzzle with missing pieces. You are constantly learning, growing and never finishing the final picture, because new rules will apply. It is about the journey and not the destination. On a personal note, I graduated with a Bachelors in Social Work from the University of Washington and wanted to save the world. It’s funny, how life works…. After college, I worked in the banking industry for 8 years, retired to have two daughters and then after six years, returned to work. I wanted to work in a dynamic environment and thought with my banking and social work background, perhaps a college would be a great workplace. So, here I am. My financial aid career has lasted 26 years. I have worked at Shoreline, Everett CC, Lake Washington Institute of Technology and now back at Shoreline. Full Circle and now giving back to the team where I started my career. Even though we are in the midst of tough times, it is fun to work with a great group of friends and colleagues at Shoreline!

Whenever someone needs _____ they should contact you.
Whenever someone needs help or is getting stuck with a financial aid question or policy, feel free to contact me.

Connect with Margie by emailing her at  mpederson@shoreline.edu or saying hello on Teams!