Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs – Failed Search

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to thank the EVP-ASA Screening Committee members for their time and good work in following the recruitment search process and recommending four finalists for my consideration. After the President, the EVP-ASA is the most senior position at the college. When we looked at recruitment for this position, we changed the title to the Executive Vice President acknowledging its importance.

I would also like to thank the Dean Team and the entire campus community for your interest and involvement in meeting, interviewing, asking excellent questions at the open forums, and providing feedback on the finalists. I carefully considered all available information including your comments and feedback and have determined this to be a “failed search.”

We do have viable options available to us. Unfortunately, Bob Francis is retiring from the Office of Academic and Student Affairs and does not represent one of those options. There are qualified executives available nationally on a shorter term basis. I will consider all options and will bear in mind the importance of selecting the best person to help the College move forward into our new and comprehensive strategic plan. I expect to have further information to share with the campus by the middle of next week.

Thank you for your involvement in our search for this key position and your dedication to our future.

Best regards,
Cheryl
Cheryl Roberts, Ed.D.
President