Employee Connections: Mindfulness Monday

Self Care Tip

Stay informed– When you feel that you are missing information, you may become more stressed or nervous. Watch, listen to, or read the news for updates from officials. Be aware that there may be rumors during a crisis, especially on social media. Always check your sources and turn to reliable sources of information like your local government authorities.

Quote of the week
“Embrace the glorious mess that you are.”

Shoreline Moments
Employee Engagement and Wellness Bingo Week 3!

Open to all employees! Earn up to seven “tickets” each week by choosing five different activities, bonus points if they make a Bingo! Prizes for two randomly selected winners!

Check out the new week 3 full list and how to submit your activities each week.

Email Pilar Corder (pcorder@shoreline.edu) with any further questions or help in accessing the list.

“Unmuting the Mic” continues today! Featuring a recorded piano performance by Courtnay Llacuna and a recorded spoken word entry from Jamie Ardena.

Join us at 12:00pm to hear our very own Courtnay Llacuna and Jamie Ardena! You won’t want to miss this! Visit the employee calendar for more information or join using the Zoom link. This is a great event to have your camera off and a beautiful collection of sounds in the background while either working or enjoying a meal.

Positive comments from our Shoreline Students (Comments gathered from a survey from e-Learning)

Question: “Knowing that we all will be learning online for the Spring quarter, and that this is not everyone’s first choice, what can you control as an online student? Is there anything Shoreline can do to make online learning more effective for you? If so, what?”

· Well I can control my attitude for it. Even though its not everyone’s first choice there is nothing we can do about it so having a positive outlook is all we can do. I think all the help and having this mandatory training is amazing and I don’t know of any other colleges that are putting this much time and effort in for there students.

· A few things that I can control with online learning is my attitude, commitment, and my work ethic. Those are some of the most important things to me when it comes to completing anything in life. I believe that shoreline is doing a great job with aiding students with online learning so I don’t think I have anything to add for the second question.

·  Time management is the top priority to balance between studying and taking care of my self. Having a certain understanding of using tools and apps for assignment and interacting with class mate nor instructor and others, etc. In my perspective, S.C.C has done a great job of helping students to prepare for E-learning environment in a rough patch like this.

· What can I control as an online student? I can create balance in my life and make to-do lists to keep on track. In times like these, where our lives are thrown off balance due to this pandemic, and we are not able to go about our days as we normally do; it is important that I use other methods to keep a sense of normalcy, so that my overall needs and well being can be met. Shoreline has done a great job of creating this weekly course, to set everyone up for success in online learning! I really appreciate all the modules and helpful tips to make this transition to online classes easier! All the information is really clear and straight forward, making it easy to navigate. It puts me at ease that I will be well prepared and excel when classes start. So, thank you!

· I can control my attitude toward the online learning. Shoreline is doing a great job on getting us ready for online learning also I feel there are lots of ways to reach out for help. Actually, online learning is my first choice! I can control my schedule and pace with online learning which is necessary due to my unpredictable work schedule. I think Shoreline has been a good resource for online learning (for the existing online courses).I don’t have much input for how to improve traditional classes that have been moved to the internet.